Saturday 19 July 2014

Stamp Camp: Stamping over a tie-dye nail art

Sunday last week was one of those rainy, murky days in the middle of summer that called for a extended nail polish play session! And as usually the case after ogling beautiful nail art with other Bloggers and on Instagram all week, I was determined to try sort of a dry brush paint technique. Not to mention my ambition to practice stamping. Instead of going on forever here, let's jump to the Skittelette pronto:


 mattified stamping
Pinkie: three thin coats of Picture Polish Atomic
Ring and index: I started with two thin coats of Colors by Llarowe Coconut and then painted random spots with a narrow, short and square nail art brush using Colors by Llarowe Blue Jeans and Beauty Queens and Candy is Dandy. An intermediate layer of Top Coat enhanced the intended tie-dye look. I then stamped the snowflakes (note to self: put on reading glasses before choosing a stamping pattern - I was convinced those thingies were sort of stars) from MoYou Fairytale Collection Plate 05 with Rica Stamping Polish in White
Index and thumb: KBShimmer Right As Reign

I sealed the stamped nails with Glisten&Glow HK Girl, all others with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.

Final thoughts: I was amazed at how easy that tie-dye turned out to be! Not that I had a clear idea of how it is supposed to work, I literally just started out. And yes, I did love the result ;-)

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine <3

4 comments:

  1. Nice I like this! I love what you've done on your index and ring fingers :-D The tie-dye effect is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dea Ananka!!! I want to do some more of that tie-dye stuff but then worn on its own so that the effect is more visible...

      Delete
  2. What an interesting look on yous index and ring finger. The shiny version looks a little like this iridescent transparent plastic foil used for wrapping gifts or flowers. Or like a soap bubble :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you so much - this got my mind spinning - a holo Top Coat might look perfect over it to create a soap bubble or foil wrap feel, I will try soon....

      Delete